Gaining the competitive edge
Gaining the competitive edge is the outcome of research undertaken by Opinium and the IPA into the growing role of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) in marcomms decision-making.
The report, based on a study of both quantitative and qualitative interviews with senior marcomms leaders, shows that ESG is fast becoming central to day-to-day decision making. Whilst recognition of the importance of ESG has been steadily gaining momentum for some time, this has undoubtedly been accelerated by Covid-19.
ESG is the new big consideration for senior clients, and a competitive opportunity for agencies – so get on the front foot now or be left behind. Here are three things that really stand out from this study:
- ESG is fast becoming part of brands’ inherent values
- We should expect to see ESG feature more permanently on the score sheet
- Demonstrating your agency’s expertise and action is key
Three things to take into the future:
- Get under the skin of your clients’ businesses
- Make ESG part of the conversation and demonstrate its relevance wherever possible
- Action, not buzzwords
Read the full report here: