Employer Sponsored Wellness
“Employer sponsored wellness” are programs sponsored by an employer with the intention of improving the physical and mental wellbeing of their employees. Employer sponsored wellness has become largely popular in business today and takes on many forms, such as subsidized gym memberships or monthly wellness stipends. These programs often incentivize exercise and mindfulness, which are both paramount to maintaining a healthy body and mind.
With more than half (60%) of employees citing cost as a barrier to exercise, the discounts and incentives offered via employer sponsored wellness programs make exercise and other wellness activities more affordable. Furthermore, eight in ten (80%) employees said they’d feel more supported by their employer if they were to sponsor their wellness. Companies should strongly consider the viability and importance of these programs when looking to improve employee wellbeing.
Why is employer sponsored wellness important?
Cost is a barrier to exercise for the majority of employees.
- 60% of employees report that cost is a barrier to exercising – employer sponsored wellness alleviates this.
Employees would exercise more if employers sponsored their wellness.
- 71% of employees reported that they would exercise more if employer sponsored wellness programs were an option
Employees would feel more supported by their employers.
- 80% of employees report that they would feel more supported by their employer if they were to sponsor their wellness
Employees are interested in a variety of sponsored wellness programs, including programs that focus on mindfulness.
- 65% of employees would definitely consider utilizing an all-purpose gym membership
- 56% of employees would definitely consider utilizing a monthly wellness stipend
- 55% of employees would definitely consider programs centered around mindfulness, meditation, and mental wellbeing
View the full report below:
Written by Charlotte Morelli, Research Analyst, Opinium US