Perspectives on our finances through COVID-19
‘Life through COVID-19’ is a series of consumer research-led reports that explore how changes in the wake of the coronavirus crisis will impact our lives, behaviours and values in the long-term.
To better understand how changes in the ongoing coronavirus crisis will impact the way people feel about their current finances and long-term financial security, we partnered with Lansons for this study: ‘Financial Security through COVID-19: How the crisis has changed perspectives on our finances.’
At a time of anxiety and financial uncertainty for the nation and the impact of economic recession starting to take hold, we unveil five key takeaways from our research, conducted among 2,000 UK adults, in two waves (May and August 2020):
1. Consumers remain cautiously optimistic about their finances
2. Financial stability is more favourable than rapid growth for investors
3. Consumers look to shore up their financial futures
4. A reputation restored for the banking sector?
5. Re-imagining a ‘good’ return