Coronavirus pandemic and lockdown bringing out the best in people
Our research for Amnesty International has found that one in five people here have spoken to a neighbour for the first time during the pandemic lockdown.
The organisation said the survey shows “impressive levels of solidarity, humanity and kindness” here as the Covid-19 crisis continues.
- More than 30 million (59%) people have clapped for key workers on a Thursday evening
- 1 in 5 (19%) have spoken to a neighbour they had not previously spoken with
- More than 8 million (16%) have reconnected with someone previously lost contact with
- More than 6 million (12%) have volunteered time to help people during the crisis
- 1 in 10 (10%) have helped a stranger with something related to the crisis
Read more here.